There are lots of great restaurants in St. Augustine–from fine dining to food trucks.
But sometimes, you just really want a burger*. This weekend will cater to your burger-based cravings, with the Great American Burgerfest!
Scheduled for Friday, May 20, through Sunday, May 22, The Burgerfest boasts all kinds of goodness on a bun, all located in St. Francis Field. Get all the toppings and details at www.greatamericanburgerfest.com.
See you there!
*The hub and I frequently utter these words, especially on a night when we have eaten nothing but appetizers at the inn all day. On those nights, we frequent one of our favorite burger joints in town:
- 123 Burger on King Street (this is the actual name, although I usually refer to it as 3-2-1 Burger, because as we watched the construction last year, that’s what I said every time we drove past). I love the farmer’s burger, with a sunny side up egg on top of a 1/4 or 1/2 pound pattie. 123 King Street. www.onetwentythreeburger.com
- Obi’s Filling Station on Anastasia Island. Located in a restored gas station, I always leave Obi’s humming 1950’s tunes, and patting my tummy happily. 590 A1A Beach Drive. www.obisfillinstation.com
- Gas Full Service, on Anastasia Island. Another nicely restored garage, this time with tongue-in-cheek signs like “Thank you for not passing Gas.” They are the king and queen of American comfort food–I love their deviled egg appetizer. Plus, they just had a burger–almost as tall as me–featured on the Food Network. 9 Anastasia (just across the Bridge of Lions).
- Burger Buckets. It’s a burger. In a bucket. What else do you need to know? Well, it doesn’t hurt to know that their patties are always fresh, and when they serve you a cheeseburger, they put the cheese inside the burger. Simple. Yet Genius. 3 Cordova Street (kitty corner from the parking garage). www.burgerbuckets.com
- The Ice Plant. Locally sourced grass-fed beef, super fresh fixin’s and sides, and a drink menu longer than the food menu (I’m not making that last part up). 110 Riberia Street. www.iceplantbar.co
We’re always looking for new burgers to add to our “I just wanna burger” list. What’s your favorite?