Put Safety First with our Safe Stay Protocols and Hit the Reset Button in Lovely St Augustine!
You can’t relax unless you truly feel safe. We have looked at all of our processes–from food service to room cleanliness to checking in and out–and we have created a list of routines that we call our “Safe Stay” system. (Note: if you have questions about staying safe during Nights of Lights, please see our blog here).
A big part of our Safe Stay program is taking care of our room environments. Here are some details about our cleaning protocols, to put your mind at ease:
- We have professional cleaners who have been trained to always focus on cleanliness in our rooms. Our cleaners are sanitizing each room before they enter it, and then disinfecting after they’ve cleaned all surfaces. Then our innkeepers are checking each room, and wiping surfaces down again.
- We have removed extraneous items in our rooms–we’ve removed the individual room information books (you can ask our in-room concierge Roxy anything you need to know!), decorative pillows, and any other non-necessary items. Less surface areas to worry about means you can relax in our rooms confidently.
- We have installed a new text-based system for even better communications. It’s all part of our Safe Stay program…and its designed to give you a great experience, while keeping you safe.
- We will not have daily service in your room but will be happy to provide you with more towels or any other items you need. Just call the front desk–or send us a text or tell Roxy–and let us know what you’d like!
- Our cleaners wear masks and disposable gloves to clean your room, discarding them before moving to their next task. That ensures we don’t carry germs from one room to the next.
- We are a multi-year winner of AAA’s Best of Housekeeping award. Our cleaning procedures have always been stringent, and you can rest securely knowing that your room is clean and disinfected.
Enjoy the Food, Drink & Goodies That Make Your Stay Special
Dine While Being Socially Distanced
- We have moved our outdoor tables so that there is a minimum of 6 feet between them. Our dining room has been closed, so there is no seating in case of inclement weather. Downtown rooms will have a breakfast tray delivered to their door–you let us know when you’d like it, and we will drop it off within a 15 minute window. We also can deliver your breakfast to one of our beautiful outdoor spaces—our deck, our porches, or the patio.
- We’re social distancing in the kitchen too! To help us do that, we are offering a deluxe breakfast tray for each room–enjoy our hot homemade entree of the day, complete with sides, orange juice, and coffee. If you have any food allergies, please let us know, and we will try to accommodate your needs.
- Beach cottages will also have their breakfast baskets delivered–we deliver at 9:00 each morning, by request. Your breakfast basket includes a daily baked item, fruit, and our entree of the day. You simply heat it up in your room (all rooms at the beach have microwaves and eating utensils). It’s like coming downtown for breakfast–but you don’t have to put on shoes!
It’s Still Happy Hour
- Yes, we have happy hour. And yes–we’ll deliver it to your room! If you have a room at our main location, we’ll bring you a personal plate with our homemade appetizer of the day, along with the drink of your choice (in case you’ve been missing our sangria!!) Beach cottages and the Marine Street Apartment are welcome to join us by RSVP, in sunny weather (we have closed our indoor dining room for safety). Happy hour is served between 5-6pm.
- For extra safety, our fresh homemade desserts will be plated and wrapped with cling wrap. You can enjoy dessert during happy hour, or take them back to your room to enjoy after dinner.
- In addition, our property is perfectly situated to maintaining a healthy distance from other guests, all while bringing you closer to feeling normal again.
Less Contact Means Less Risk
Contact-Free Check In
- We have invested in keyless locks on our room doors, so you can check in without having to visit a check-in window or reception area. We are also using a texting service, so you can request breakfast, ask us any questions, and learn when your room will be ready for check in. It’s just one aspect of our new “Safe Stay” program!
- Another tool in our Safe Stay toolbelt are the digital concierges in each room, referred to as “Roxy”. This device works similarly to “Alexa” devices that you may have in your home. Roxy is programmed with information about Bayfront Marin House and important area information you may find helpful during your stay, like our favorite seafood restaurants, and the best special occasion spots. Roxy can also send a message to the front desk.
- All of our beautiful rooms have private entrances—no common areas to walk through. Your keyless lock is set to the last four digits of the phone number you used when making your reservation.
- There is lots of outdoor space where you can kick back and unwind. Enjoy our hammock, our gazebo, one of our porch swings, the comfy outdoor furniture upstairs. For even more privacy, six of our downtown rooms have private porches reserved for just the two of you. (And all of our beach cottages have private areas where you can enjoy the sun and sound of the waves!)
- We’re a small property. That means less other guests and less interaction. Stay small–stay safe!
What’s Open in St. Augustine?
Visit our comprehensive guide to restrictions, regulations, and more in St. Augustine, Florida. Get the latest updates on:
- and more…
We are working to keep this page up to date continuously.
Reschedule Your Wedding with Fewer Guests & More Romance
Please contact us about rescheduling your special day or choosing a more intimate event with less stress and planning. Our beautiful venue is perfect for brides and grooms who want to continue their celebration with the same wonderful setting and amenities, but with fewer people and a quicker timeline. Learn more about Bayfront Marin House elopements and St. Augustine wedding events and let us help make your wedding dreams a reality.
The last few months have been brutal—full of uncertainty, anxiety, and maybe a little too much togetherness. We’re here to help you hit the reset button—so you can feel like yourself again. We’re currently accepting reservations for June and later dates.
Share the Bayfront Marin House Experience
Give them something special to look forward to when all of this is over. Purchase a Bayfront Marin House gift certificate and delight your loved one with visions of a wonderful getaway! Our gift certificates never expire…so they can use them whenever they feel comfortable!
We look forward to seeing you soon… from a distance of course.