You pick the dates and bring the ring. We’ll take care of the rest.
When it comes to romance, the Bayfront Marin House has everything needed to guarantee that “yes” during your romantic St. Augustine proposal. While we handle the details, you focus on finding the perfect words–and not worrying about the perfect setting!
Why choose us?
- Our Property – First and foremost, our setting itself exudes romance inside and out, which could be why TripAdvisor named us one of the 10 Most Romantic Hotels in the Country. Stay at the inn and revel in the luxury of your in-room jacuzzi, fireplace, and bay views. Step outside your room and explore our gorgeous property complete with porch swings, hammocks, gazebos, and string lights. (really… is there anything more romantic than a hammock with string lights overhead?)
- Privacy – While our downtown inn is definitely quiet, you may want something even more private. We have several beach cottages at the Beachcomber Cottages on Vilano all unique in style and amenities to suit your needs. Want to take a romantic swim together after you pop the question? Stay in one of two rooms with a private pool (the Saltwater Suite and Lagoon Cottage). Want to sit and watch the sun go down on the beach? Most of our rooms have private outdoor seating areas, and all our beach cottages overlook the water. Want to make a romantic dinner before slipping a ring into a champagne flute? The Atlantic Suite, Royal Palm, Oceanview Cottage, and Lagoon Cottage all have full kitchens. Other rooms have mini fridges and microwaves–perfect for a chilled bottle of Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.
- Area Attractions – Whether you stay downtown or at the beach, we invite you to take a romantic ride on our complimentary beach cruisers. Cruise through the old brick streets and take a trip through time as St. Augustine is the oldest European city in the United States. There’s an undeniable charm and amorous feel to this town. With its historic architecture, quaint shops and cafes, and proximity to the coastline, consider the mood set for memorable moments (like your proposal!). For further inspiration check out our Top 10 Romantic Things to Do in St. Augustine.
- Beautiful Rooms – We have 15 rooms downtown and 8 suites on Vilano Beach, and each is decorated in a tailored and elegant style. We’ve highlighted the best features of the house, like exposed coquina in the Coquina Suite and Francisco Marin, original brick in the King George and Hopkins Cottage, and refinished floors in most of the rooms. Many of our rooms offer spa showers, with rain shower heads or body jets, and most have jetted tubs. Our downtown rooms also offer cozy robes, great smelling bath products, and decorator touches like chandeliers, imported tiles, and crisp white bedding.
- Easy Extras – With three romance package options, you’re sure to surprise, delight, and impress your sweetheart. Win points with the classics like rose petals, chilled Champagne, and homemade chocolate covered strawberries. Sweep her off her feet with a horse and carriage ride through the beautiful historic downtown St. Augustine. Let her sleep in and treat her to a delicious hot breakfast in bed.
- Romantic Treatments – A romantic getaway isn’t complete without a little pampering! (And what better way to show your special someone that you will always treat her like a queen?) Indulge in a couples massage and melt away any stress or pre-proposal jitters. Enjoy an hour of deep relaxation courtesy of two massage therapists, aromatic candles, and more Champagne and strawberries. Perhaps order a basket of spa goodies for you both to enjoy in your private Jacuzzi. It’s the ultimate romantic fantasy!
- Unique Touches – When you are ready to start planning “the moment,” our staff will be more than happy to help create something special just for you. We can help you arrange a private boat for a romantic sunset cruise. We can decorate your room, hang a special banner, even arrange a special carriage ride to take you by one of our city’s “love trees”. Who couldn’t say ‘YES’ to that!?
It’s undeniable that St. Augustine is the perfect place to pop the question and we have all the pre-wedding bells and whistles to make sure you get the right answer. Give us a call today at 904.824.4301 to start planning your beautiful and personal St. Augustine proposal.