You can kick back and relax in St. Augustine at our historic Florida hotel, but you don’t have to slow down if you want to take in all that this ancient and historic city has to offer during this time of year. Looking for inspiration for your Florida fall getaway? Here are 11 reasons to visit the Old City in what we like to call our easy season, including some of our favorite St. Augustine fall and winter events:
- Less wait time and the ‘coast is clear’! Enjoy the small town feel of St. Augustine without the crowds. You can expect shorter lines while you shop and a more relaxed old town experience strolling down St. George Street. A much shorter wait time at local restaurants is also a plus. Want to go to the beach? You’ll feel like you’re on your own private beach!
- It’s easy to keep your cool! Average temperatures this time of year are in the mid to low 70’s–perfect weather to walk through our historic streets.
- Surf St. Augustine. The waves during this season are some of the best of the year.
- Savor the seasonal craft beer offerings at local breweries. A1A Ale Works has a rotating tap that features many local Florida craft beers and national favorites. Hoptinger on Anastasia Island celebrates the fall season with award-winning German beers on tap.
- There are so many festivals and events to choose from!
- Immerse yourself in the style and history of Dressing Downton, Changing Fashion for Changing Times, an exhibition that showcases nearly 40 period costumes and jewelry from the hit series Downton Abbey®.
- Do your holiday shopping at the St. Augustine Art & Craft Festival, a premier outdoor art fair and Thanksgiving tradition that attracts thousands of visitors, discerning art collectors and savvy holiday shoppers.
- Enjoy outdoor activities, a variety of food and live music at the SEA Rails to Trails Festival – a celebration of the conversion of old railroad tracks into user-friendly hiking and biking trails to benefit the community.
- Select unique handmade gifts for the holiday season at the First Coast Arts and Crafts Show.
- Take in the vibrant color – while other areas of the country are experiencing falling leaves, St. Augustine’s flowers are in full bloom. Enjoy Birds of Paradise, hibiscus, and other native tropical plants at Washington Oaks Gardens. Even the downtown area’s lush landscaping will impress.
- Celebrate the magic of the holidays in St. Augustine, when thousands of white bulbs light up the sidewalks, trees and buildings during the annual Nights of Lights. This is one of the top ten events in the WORLD to be dazzled by holiday lights, according to National Geographic Traveler.
- Hop on the Holly Jolly Holiday Tour, Old Town Trolley’s special holiday tour – you’ll see the Night of Lights festivities, while sipping hot cider and listening to live music on some nights.
- Experience an unforgettable Sunset Moonrise Lighthouse Tour, one of St. Augustine’s most breathtaking V.I.P. experiences. Enjoy a sunset and moonrise from the top of the Lighthouse, complete with champagne and hors d’oeuvres.
- And of course, enjoy great rates! Enjoy luxurious guest rooms with stunning views of one of the oldest cities in the U.S. when you book your romantic St. Augustine getaway at Bayfront Marin House.
Don’t miss out on these amazing events. Book your stay at our Historic Inn on the Bay today, and experience the wonder of the oldest city in America without the crowds of summer.Book Now