Mayport FL Couple Wins National Honeymoon Contest
Their Story Wins Grand Prize to The Bayfront Marin House
St. Augustine, FL (October, 2010) Mrs. Debra Roman submitted a story to the Inns of Elegance, a collection of historic bed & breakfast inns in St. Augustine, Florida…thinking that she would like to surprise her daughter Marisol by winning the Inns’ 2nd Honeymoon Contest 2010. Much to her surprise, she did win one of five luxurious 4-night Grand Prize 2nd honeymoons that the Inns are giving away throughout the year.
The winning couple will be staying at the Bayfront Marin House, a bed and breakfast that offers luxury and romance right on the Matanzas Bay.
According to Roman “I want to reciprocate some of the generosity that my daughter Marisol Riddell and her loving Husband Mark Riddell have shown to me. They are a dedicated Navy family with a 13-year old daughter; when they married, they never got to have the honeymoon they had planned due to Mark’s call to duty.”
Marisol and Mark are overwhelmed with their Grand Prize. “As a military family, we are often asked to give up certain things, like our first Wedding Anniversary, Christmas & Thanksgiving due to Mark’s deployment overseas. Winning this award means so much us. First, we feel loved and appreciated by my Mom. She is a precious member of our family. People didn’t used to live so separately from their elders. It is a blessing to our family to have her. Secondly, we are grateful to Inns of Elegance for offering us the opportunity to experience a true honeymoon. We feel lucky to live so close to such a romantic destination and to stay in such luxurious accommodations. THANK YOU!!!!”
Winning an $1800 2nd honeymoon will give the Riddell’s (living in Mayport, Florida) something magical to remember forever, when they check into the Bayfront Marin House, one of the five Inns of Elegance. Inn owners Sandy and Mike Wieber couldn’t be more delighted since their historic Inn specializes in honeymoons and romance.
The ROMANCE IS INN THE AIR prize includes the following:
2. Champagne & Chocolate – upon arrival
3. Dinner For Two at Bistro de Leon – St. Augustine’s popular French bistro featuring Chef Jean-Stephane Poinard’s exquisite cuisine – a romantic little corner table of course!
4. Lunch For Two at Columbia – The Gem of Spanish Restaurants, celebrating its 104th Anniversary
5. Dinner for Two at Raintree – One of the legendary romantic restaurants in St. Augustine
6. Old Town Trolley Tickets – unlimited train transportation throughout the Historic District for length of the 4-day Honeymoon
7. Tini Martini Bar – a Welcome Honeymoon Cocktail in St. Augustine’s newest chic bayfront cocktail lounge
8. Claude’s Chocolates – European gourmet bon bons featuring passion fruit filled dark chocolate hearts
9. ‘Fountain of Youth’ tickets – World famous archaeological park ‘where history began’
10. Schooner Freedom – Romantic Sunset Schooner Sail
11. St. Augustine Lighthouse – One of the grand working lighthouses & museum in America