Whether you’re stocking up for the holidays, shopping for a special gift, or just looking to spend a fun and laughter-filled weekend with your girlfriends, St. Augustine’s shopping scene has something for everyone. Interested in something particular? Give us a call and ask for a personal itinerary!
In the meantime, consider the following possibilities for your St. Augustine shopping spree:
Shopping Day 1: Aviles Street, King Street and St. George Street
Easy walking distance from the Bayfront Marin House.
Start your shopping visit with a walk up the oldest street in the country, Aviles Street. You’ll find plenty of restaurants, as well as several art galleries and jewelry shops.
- Clothing and Accessories: Candida’s Closet (11F Aviles Street)
- Accessories: Dan Holiday Leather (11B Aviles Street)
- Jewelry: Joel Bagnal Goldsmith (11C Aviles)
- Art: Amiro Art (9C Aviles), Georgia Nick Gallery (11A Aviles), Aviles Gallery (11C Aviles)
Once you reach the end of Aviles, take a left on King Street. This used to be the main shopping district for St. Augustine, and is still the home of lots of great shopping, including galleries, clothing and accessories.
- Gifts, Jewelry and Accessories: Artsy Abode (41 King Street)
- Gifts and jewelry: So Mermazing (41 C King Street)
- Estate Jewelry: Churchill & Lacroix (75 King)
St. George Street is a pedestrian-only thoroughfare, and (along with the streets just off St. George) is lined with almost 100 shops—clothing, souvenirs, accessories, and jewelry. We’re particularly fond of
- J.R. Benet Jewelry (62 St. George)
- St. Augustine Art Glass (54 St. George)
- Metalartz just off St. George (58 Hypolita)
If you find yourself getting hungry, grab a gelato from Gelato Time (124 St. George Street) or Café del Hidalgo (35 Hypolita). But don’t order too much, because you’ll want to save room for St. Augustine’s best happy hour at the inn!
In-Room Massage and Champagne at the Bayfront Marin House
If you’re going to shop til you drop, may we suggest that you drop yourself onto a massage table back at your room in the afternoon? Order a bottle of wine, or a pitcher of sangria, and lay back and relax. Advance notice required.
Dinner at O.C. White’s (118 Avenida Menedez): After a full day of walking, give your tired tootsies a break and take a short skip to O.C.White’s seafood, about 3 minutes from the inn. Reasonable prices will give your credit card a break, too! Try the calamari—it’s a perfect end to your day. Reservations not required.
Day 2: Anastasia Island and San Marco
Start your second day on Anastasia Island, our newest boutique corridor. I recommend driving to these locations as they all have parking lots and are somewhat spread out on both sides of A1A Scenic Highway. After lunch, you’ll head to San Marco Street.
- Clothing and Accessories: Rochelle’s Clothing Boutique (104 Anastasia Blvd)
- Jewelry: Blue Water Jewelers (500 Anastasia Blvd)
- Awesome Gifts and Home Décor: Tre Sebastian Gifts (304 Anastasia Blvd)
- Antiques: Anastasia Antique Center (201 Anastasia Blvd)
- New and Consignment Furniture: Eclections (303D Anastasia Blvd)
- Art: Simple Gestures (4 E. White Street)
- Mani/Pedi at Debbie’s Day Spa-Appointment required (403 Anastasia Blvd)
Lunch at the Conch House (57 Comares Avenue): There is almost always a table available at this seafood restaurant on the water, but it’s worth it to wait for a tiki hut (the higher the better)!
San Marco Street
You can park in the parking garage, or take a pocketful of quarters. All of the stores listed here are within a four block span. BONUS: On the fourth Saturday of every month, the shops along San Marco roll out the welcome mat for shoppers with Uptown! Saturday Night, an evening of shopping, food, wine, and live music.
- Clothing and Accessories: Magnolia Supply (58 San Marco), 360 Boutique (50 San Marco), Declaration Boutique (77 San Marco), Goldfinch Boutique (77 San Marco), Spanish Dutch Convoy (58 San Marco)
- Jewelry: Neff Jewelers (7 Rohde), Anchor B (77 San Marco)
- Antiques: Antique Emporium (62 San Marco)
- Home Items: dHd Home (58 San Marco)
Need a snack? Grab a drink from Juniper Market and a cupcake from Luli’s. 73 San Marco Ave. and 82 San Marco Ave.
Dinner at the Columbia Restaurant (98 St. George Street): There is a gift shop attached to the store! You’ll find Spanish art and ceramics, kitchen tools, cookbooks, and Spanish olive oils and condiments. Reservations suggested.
Shopping Day 3: Outlet Hopping
Back to school shopping? Need new shoes? You will LOVE St. Augustine’s outlets! Check them all out–there is literally something for everyone!
St. Augustine Outlets (2700 State Road 16.): Featured stores include; Ann Taylor Factory Store, Calvin Klein, Coach Outlet, J. Crew Factory, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, Tommy Bahama, Tommy Hilfiger. Open Sunday 10am – 6pm.
Prime Outlets (500 Outlet Mall): 75 stores including; Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th, Michael Kors, Talbots, Kate Spade New York, H & M, Old Navy outlet, Christopher & Banks, St. John Outlet, Kenneth Cole, New York and Company, bebe, Guess and Lucky Brand Jeans. Open Sunday 10am—6pm.