We love our weekday elopements, but a full-blown weekend wedding in St. Augustine is the ultimate–both for the happy couple, and for your lucky guests! If you picture yourself exchanging vows with your partner in the picturesque town of St. Augustine, surrounded by friends and family, our St. Augustine wedding venue is here to help! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to plan your perfect weekend wedding at the Bayfront Marin House and offer a fun-filled itinerary for your guests to make the most of their time in our lovely historic town.
Planning Your Weekend Wedding
Step 1: Choosing the Right Venue
The Bayfront Marin House is a captivating venue that combines historic elegance with modern service and comfort. With its stunning waterfront views and lush surroundings, it’s an ideal place to celebrate your love story. Whether you’re envisioning an intimate gathering or a grand affair, this venue offers versatile spaces to accommodate your needs. Choose to host your big day in the Victorian gazebo next to the main inn, or in front of the historic stone fountain in front of the Sanchez House. We also have hosted weddings on our upstairs deck, in the lawn in front of the Sanchez House, and on Vilano Beach. Call us to take a tour of the inn and choose the spot that’s right for you!
Step 2: Crafting Your Itinerary
A weekend wedding is not just about the main event; it’s an opportunity for you and your guests to immerse yourselves in the beauty of St. Augustine. Here’s a carefully curated itinerary for your guests to enjoy over the weekend.
Friday: Welcome & Rehearsal
- Afternoon: Guests arrive in St. Augustine and check in. We’re happy to set up welcome bags, schedules, or wine in the rooms on any of our properties.
- Evening: Host a casual welcome dinner to kick off the festivities and allow guests to mingle. Choose a fun restaurant–like Casa Reina or OC White’s. Both are easy walks from the inn, so cars aren’t needed! (People may enjoy stretching their legs after a day of traveling as well). Check out our list of restaurants with private party rooms in town.
Saturday: Wedding Day Extravaganza
- Morning: Start the day with a group yoga session or a relaxed stroll along the bayfront. It’s a great way to enjoy the moment and settle your mind.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Pamper yourselves with spa treatments (we love Poseidon Spa on Cordova) or explore the historic streets of St. Augustine. For people who aren’t getting hair or makeup done, suggest a quick visit to the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument.
- Late Afternoon. Ceremony! Exchange vows at the Bayfront Marin House, followed by cake cutting, toasts, and romantic dances. Here’s an idea for your guests while you are having photos taken: hire a private trolley to take them on a tour of town! We are happy to help you set that up. When the trolley returns, we’ll greet your guests with champagne as they disembark.
- Evening. Hit Tradewinds for a night of dancing or plan an exclusive Speakeasy at Odd Birds. Ask your event planner about booking Odd Birds’ party bus.
Sunday: Farewell Breakfast & Explorations
- Morning: Gather for a leisurely farewell breakfast where guests can share memories and bid adieu to the newlyweds. The Bayfront Marin House serves a complimentary breakfast from 8-10am.
- Afternoon: Invite guests to explore St. Augustine’s rich history by visiting Flagler College or taking a scenic boat tour.
- Evening: Conclude the weekend with a sunset gathering at Vilano beach, complete with beach games and laid-back fun.
Monday: Optional Extensions
Here are some suggestions for guests who decide to extend their stay:
- Visit the St. Augustine Alligator Farm.
- Climb the lighthouse for an amazing view of town and Anastasia Island.
- Schedule a paddle boarding excursion.
- Explore multiple restaurants with The Tasting Tours.
- Tour the St. Augustine Distillery.
Ask us for more ideas, based on your guests’ interests. Or see our blog on must-sees for your first visit.
- Accommodation: Ensure your guests have a range of accommodation options to suit their preferences and needs. The Aviles Street Cottage is just a 2-minute walk from the inn and sleeps 6. Plus, it’s dog-friendly! We also have rooms with daybeds for little ones, and first floor rooms for guests with mobility issues.
- Transportation: St. Augustine is very walkable–many guests will not need a car. Encourage carpooling amongst your guests to reduce the environmental impact. See our tips for coming by plane, train, car, or bus!
- Local Flavor: Incorporate local elements into your wedding, such as serving dishes made from locally sourced ingredients or providing welcome bags with St. Augustine-themed goodies. Consider wine from the St. Augustine Winery, datil pepper hot sauce, St. Augustine candles, and homemade cookies from the Bayfront Marin. Your guests will love the tasty memories!
A weekend wedding in St. Augustine at the Bayfront Marin House promises an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. With its historic charm, stunning waterfront, and a plethora of activities, this destination wedding will be cherished for years to come. By following these tips and crafting a well-rounded itinerary, you’ll create not just a wedding, but a memorable weekend getaway that celebrates love, togetherness, and the beauty of St. Augustine. Contact us today to start planning.