Bayfront Marin House is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA), or such other standards to the extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers, and by individuals with disabilities who use these technologies.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 24/7 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website or with questions regarding accessibility of the various rooms. If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the webpage URL in your email, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you.
Our Napoleon Room (Room 15) is a first-floor, accessible suite, as is our Sandpiper Suite (Room 91) at the Beachcomber Cottages. Both suites have a roll in shower, assistive handgrips, wide doors, and roll under sink with tilting mirror. If you require other items, such as a shower bench, or a low entry bed, please inform us prior to your stay, and we will be happy to work with you to assure a pleasant and comfortable stay.
The Napoleon Room is 14 feet away from the ramp that leads to the dining room (currently closed for social distancing). The entire patio is flat and accessible from the room.
- Inside the room, the front door is a double door that opens to 70”. The single door is half of that, 35”.
- The distance from the top of the bed to the floor is 27”. The bed can be lowered an additional 5” by request.
- The distance between the bed and the wall is 36”, and can be expanded another 9” by repositioning the bed by request.
- The bathroom door is 35”. The roll under sink is 32” above the floor, and there is a tilting mirror for easy viewing.
- The roll-in shower is 57” by 40”, and has a hand-held shower as well as grab bars on each wall, and next to the toilet.
- The shower is roll in, and can be fitted with a hospital bench for security.
- The toilet is 29” high, and can be raised with a hospital seat as well.
- If you have mobility issues, please contact us to talk about convenient downtown parking. All city owned parking in town is free with a wheelchair license plate or hang tag. At our downtown location, we can park you on a parking pad that is directly next to the Napoleon Suite. Please call us to talk about either of these options.
Our vacation rentals on Vilano Beach are all raised cottages, due to their proximity to the water. If you have accessibility issues, you may be able to use the Sandpiper Suite, which is on the ground level with a 1” lip on the room. We can outfit this door with a temporary ramp by request.
- There is a paved walkway from its designated parking space to the front door, which is approximately 30 feet long.
- The room’s front door is 33.5″ wide.
- The bed is 27” off the floor, and can be lowered an additional 5” by request. The room has 5 foot of clearance on one side of the bed (which can be more by simply moving the dining set—we can do that prior to your stay if desired).
- The toilet is 18.5” high, and can be raised with a hospital seat. There is 50” of clearance around the toilet, with an assistive handrail.
- The roll-under sink is 30” above the floor, and it has a tilting mirror for easy viewing. The roll-in shower is 50” by 41”.
We work with several companies who rent wheelchairs, scooters, and other mobility products. Please call (904) 824-4301 to discuss current options.
In addition, we have written several blogs on accessibility throughout town. You can find them here:
- Wheelchair Accessible Accommodations in St. Augustine Florida
- Wheelchair Accessible Attractions in St. Augustine, FL
We think that everyone deserves a beautiful, safe getaway. Please call us to further discuss your individual needs—we’re happy to help!