They say that good things come to those who wait…and that’s how I feel about dessert.
I knew that St. Augustine had more than its fair share of amazing desserts, but even I didn’t know how many great ways there were to end a meal in our town.
I found out when we ran a little contest on our Facebook page, asking our fans to tell us their very favorite dessert in town. We had 25 entries…and only one dessert was mentioned twice!
So, next time you’re in town, figure out how to fit in these 25 amazing sweet show stoppers! We didn’t even try to rank these entries (the winner of our gift certificate was chosen randomly), but I have tried to group them by types to help make the sampling easier. So enjoy!!!
- Mud Pie at Harry’s (yes, two people voted for that)
- Chocolate Eclairs at DeNoel
- Chocolate Mousse at Raintree
- Chocolate Truffles at Whetstone’s
- Mud Ice Cream at Kilwin’s
- Fudge at Fudge Buckets
- Chocolate Corruption Cake at OC White’s
Fruity Deliciousness (And a great way to get your 6 servings of fruit!)
- Waffles with strawberries, bananas, pecans, and whipped topping at Gaufre’s and Goods
- Bananas Foster Crepe at Raintree
- Mixed Berry Crepes with French Vanilla Ice Cream at Raintree
- Key Lime Pie at Harry’s
- Key Lime Pie at Columbia
- Bananas Foster at Harry’s
- Banana Caramel Cheesecake at OC White’s
- Flan at Columbia
- Baklava at Athena’s
- Tres Leche Cake at La Herencia
- Spotted Dick at Prince of Wales
Peanut Butter Favorites
- Peanut Butter Pie at the Sunset Grille
- Peanut Butter Pie at Gas
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Candy at the Florida Cracker
- Homemade butterscotch Ice Cream at Rhett’s
- Popsicles at The Hyppo
- Bread Pudding at Aviles Restaurant
Want to be a part of our next contest? Become a fan of our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bayfrontmarinhouse.